Monday, December 19, 2005

One more Christmas

Well, just six more days to what I hope will be my last Christmas without my daughter. Of course, I have made this same wish for the past three Christmas' and yet, one more Christmas without my daughter. So, will 2006 be "the year"? Why ask me? I'm definitely not the right person to answer this since I thought 2003, then 2004 and then 2005 was "the year".

I actually entered into the international adoption arena believing that you do the paperwork, jump through the hoops, pay lots and lots of money and eventually, you get your baby. What could wrong? Ha! Right up until the moment my first adoption fell through (country closed down to international adoptions), I still believed this. After all, why would any government choose to have their children raised in an orphanage when they could have a forever family of their own. Seems like a no-brainer to me but, what do I know.

Now, if 2006 isn't "the year", I'll be sure to post my new address at the mental asylum. I'll respond to all mail as soon as they let me out of the straight jacket. But please, when you talk about me to your friends, I prefer crazy to nuts.

No comments: